What Does DemandJump Solve?
DemandJump is a marketing strategy platform showing users the exact content to create to increase 1st-page rankings and drive outcomes.
Located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, DemandJump is a fast-growing, innovative marketing technology company with a corporate culture that values individuality and diversity.
We work hard and play hard and we do both with passion and respect for one another. Our open-concept office promotes a fast-paced, fun, friendly, and highly collaborative work environment, while our management goes out of their way to be transparent and approachable. Weekly team lunches, DemandFUN events, and group volunteer opportunities – these are just a handful of the reasons why DemandJump is consistently nominated and awarded one of the Best Places to Work in Indiana.
What We Stand For
Think Customer First
Serve Each other
Compete To Win
See Things Differently
Do the Right Thing. Always
We are looking for a Data Engineer to help us build the most useful content marketing insights and attribution software on the market. Your primary focus will be building and delivering multi-tiered, enterprise-level software infrastructure for DemandJump while maintaining security and privacy compliance.
What is a typical day at DemandJump like for a Data Engineer, a.k.a. Responsibilities?
- Mastering the DemandJump Platform to understand capabilities our customers have never seen before
- Utilize the Amazon AWS cloud platform
- Work with the engineering team to build scalable, high availability solutions
- Build and present Technology Design Documents to Engineering leadership for approval
- Designing procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Be proactive in communicating cross-functionally with the whole company, especially with our Product and Engineering team
- Write complex SQL statements and work with data transformation tools to transform data as it loads into our data warehouses
- Establish and maintain data models for 3rd party integrations and related dashboard visualizations
- Update and review code that supports our dashboard visualization configurations
- Document data flow and create related data flow diagrams
- Maintain Python codebase that controls part of our data ETL process
- Assist engineering team with data model and related ERD diagrams for building RESTful API
What are the minimum requirements we are looking for from a Data Engineer?
- Experience with a wide variety of open source data technologies and tools like dbt
- Experience tuning SQL-related queries to maximize performance
- Experience reading and creating data flow architecture diagrams
- Strong grasp of automating a data flow to facilitate close to real-time data
- Experience with tools like Looker helping visualize structured data from a data warehouse
- Experience transforming data stored in a data lake into structured, ready to consume data
- Experience with a data cloud like Snowflake
- Experience extracting data from a datasource like Fivetran
- Experience fine-tuning data warehouse to serve data to a related data consumer
- Experience with RDBMS and related structured query languages, including tuning and operational issues
- Experience with workflow and monitoring tools (Prefect, DataDog, CloudWatch, New Relic, Nagios, etc)
- Experience with data security best practices
- Proficient with one or more scripting languages
- Experience with Git
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Experience supporting data models for RESTful APIs
- Experience adding monitoring, logging and documentation to data services
What are the “nice to have” skills we are looking for from a Data Engineer?
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with AWS Cloud platform
- Experience working with Java, Scala, Ruby on Rails or ElasticSearch
- Experience with the full software development cycle
- Experience working with sprints and completing work using a ticket management system
- Tuning and maintaining Neo4j
What does DemandJump look for when hiring a Data Engineer?
We look for people who are willing and hungry to learn our tech stack and all about DemandJump and ultimately understand WHY a prospect/customer would want to work with us. Are you able to contribute new features given a certain set of product requirements? Do you want to collaborate with your peers and also utilize current best practices and technology to improve your career as a data engineer?