What Does DemandJump Solve?
Every company wants to improve their marketing performance, but are all faced with the same challenges over and over again. What we put into the marketing engine is a whole lot of time, team effort, and budget, with the goal of generating the right leads who will convert to customers. It all sounds great, but how do you eliminate the guesswork and just know the best actions to take next?
If you can’t see how your target market is actually behaving when they are going through their decision-making process you are left guessing. DemandJump eliminates these blind spots by aligning how you market and sell to how your customer decides and buys.
Located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, DemandJump is a fast-growing, innovative marketing technology company with a corporate culture that values individuality and diversity.
We work hard and play hard and we do both with passion and respect for one another. Our open-concept office promotes a fast-paced, fun, friendly, and highly collaborative work environment, while our management goes out of their way to be transparent and approachable. Weekly team lunches, DemandFUN events, and group volunteer opportunities – these are just a handful of the reasons why DemandJump is consistently nominated and awarded one of the Best Places to Work in Indiana.
What We Stand For
Think Customer First
Serve Each other
Compete To Win
See Things Differently
Do the Right Thing. Always
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us build the most useful content marketing insights and attribution software on the market. Your primary focus will be building and delivering multi-tiered, enterprise-level software infrastructure for DemandJump while maintaining security and privacy compliance.
What is a typical day at DemandJump like for a DevOps Engineer, a.k.a. Responsibilities?
- Implementing, maintaining, monitoring, and supporting the IT infrastructure
- Build automated processes to provision QA, Staging, and Production environments
- Implementing automation tools and frameworks for automatic code deployment (CI/CD)
- Designing procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Monitoring and measuring customer experience and KPIs
- Work with the engineering team to build scalable, high availability solutions
- Build and maintain monitoring infrastructure and respond to events accordingly with incident management and root cause analysis
- Build, design, and present Technology Design Documents
- Keep servers patched with the latest stable libraries, updates, and fixes
- Be proactive in communicating cross-functionally with the whole company, especially with our Product and Engineering team
What are the minimum requirements we are looking for from a DevOps Engineer?
- 4+ years experience with Linux Systems administration
- Experience with AWS Cloud platform
- Experience with a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Strong grasp of automation
- Experience with RDBMS, including tuning and operational issues
- Experience with JVM tuning and performance optimization
- Experienced with Amazon AWS EKS, EC2, RDS, VPC, ELB
- Experience with monitoring tools (DataDog, CloudWatch, New Relic, Nagios, etc)
- Experience with DevOps security best practices
- Experience setting up and maintaining Kubernetes
- Experience with Terraform
- Proficient with one or more scripting languages
- Proficient with Docker
- Experience with Git
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience adding monitoring, logging and documentation to infrastructure
- Authentication flows and connecting 3rd party APIs
What are the “nice to have” skills we are looking for from a DevOps Engineer?
- Experience working with Java, Scala, Ruby on Rails or ElasticSearch
- Experience with the full software development cycle
- Advanced knowledge of building APIs and reusable components
- Experience working with sprints and completing work using a ticket management system
- Tuning and maintaining Neo4j
- Tuning and maintaining ElasticSearch
What does DemandJump look for when hiring a DevOps Engineer?
We look for people who are willing and hungry to learn our tech stack and all about DemandJump and ultimately understand WHY a prospect/customer would want to work with us. Are you able to contribute new features given a certain set of product requirements? Do you want to collaborate with your peers and also utilize current best practices and technology to improve your career as a software engineer?