Quality Assurance Engineer
What Does DemandJump Solve?
DemandJump is a marketing strategy platform showing users the exact content to create to increase 1st-page rankings and drive outcomes.
Located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, DemandJump is a fast-growing, innovative marketing technology company with a corporate culture that values individuality and diversity.
We work hard and play hard and we do both with passion and respect for one another. Our open-concept office promotes a fast-paced, fun, friendly, and highly collaborative work environment, while our management goes out of their way to be transparent and approachable. Weekly team lunches, DemandFUN events, and group volunteer opportunities – these are just a handful of the reasons why DemandJump is consistently nominated and awarded one of the Best Places to Work in Indiana.
What We Stand For
Think Customer First
Serve Each other
Compete To Win
See Things Differently
Do the Right Thing. Always
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to help us build the most useful content marketing insights and attribution software on the market. Your primary focus will be building and delivering multi-tiered, enterprise-level software infrastructure for DemandJump while maintaining security and privacy compliance.
What is a typical day at DemandJump like for a Quality Assurance Engineer, a.k.a. Responsibilities?
- Implementing, maintaining, monitoring and supporting the app infrastructure
- Reviewing engineer pull requests for reliability, performance and accuracy
- Creating tickets for capturing internal and external customer reported bugs
- Testing software application using detailed use cases written by engineers
- Communicating with product and engineering team members to demonstrate in-app functionality
- Explaining broken in-app functionality to product and engineering both verbally and via ticketing systems
- Running smoke tests in production after code release to confirm app works as expected
- Testing code releases in development, stage and production environments
- Following and analyzing release plans for correctness
- Writing, running and confirming behavioral tests after code release
- Running SQL for data migrations in testing environments
- Developing and maintaining quality assurance standards and company processes
What are the minimum requirements we are looking for from a Quality Assurance Engineer?
- Experience working with a cloud platform like AWS or Google Cloud
- High expectation of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with a ticketing system like JIRA to track and resolve tickets
- Experience working with a product and engineering team of a SaaS or PLG company
- Experience testing features and bug fixes for a web-based software application
- Experience working in fast-paced testing and release environments
- Experience deploying and testing code in scrum and kanban sprints
- Experience following best practices while testing and releasing code
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to use and even break an application in unexpected ways
What are the “nice to have” skills we are looking for from a Quality Assurance Engineer?
- Experience working with behavioral testing frameworks
- Experience running SQL written by engineers in multiple test environments
- Experience working with github to manage code versioning
- Experience working with a software app that has multiple supporting services
- Experience testing an API via a framework like Postman to send REST requests
- Experience working with customers to ensure product meets customer expectations
What does DemandJump look for when hiring a Quality Assurance Engineer?
We look for people who are willing and hungry to learn our tech stack and all about DemandJump and ultimately understand WHY a prospect/customer would want to work with us. Are you able to contribute new features given a certain set of product requirements? Do you want to collaborate with your peers and also utilize current best practices and technology to improve your career as a quality assurance engineer?