Senior Software Engineer
After reading to see if you have the right stuff, please apply below. Attach your resume with why you are the right person for this job! We are engineers and marketers, not HR people, so feel free to let a bit of your personality come through.
This is where we get to boast a little about why we’re awesome. Located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, DemandJump is a fast-growing, innovative marketing technology company with a corporate culture that values individuality and diversity.
We work hard and play hard and we do both with passion and respect for one another. When we’re not working remotely, our open-concept office promotes a fast-paced, fun, friendly, and highly collaborative work environment, while our management goes out of their way to be transparent and approachable. Team lunches, DemandFUN events, and group volunteer opportunities – these are just a handful of the reasons why DemandJump is consistently nominated and awarded one of the Best Places to Work in Indiana.
What We Stand For
Think Customer First
Serve Each other
Compete To Win
See Things Differently
Do the Right Thing. Always
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us build the most useful content marketing insights and attribution software on the market. Your primary focus will be to work without daily oversight in a fast paced environment to build and deliver multi-tiered, enterprise-level distributed software applications for DemandJump.
What is a typical day at DemandJump like for a Senior Software Engineer, a.k.a. Responsibilities?
- Mastering the DemandJump Platform to understand capabilities our customers have never seen before
- Implement code to interface with 3rd party APIs such as Twitter, Facebook, Google Analytics, AWS, etc.
- Create RESTful endpoints for consumption from the DemandJump web application.
- Connect with MySQL, and S3 to provide data to various consumers
- Build UI components in React to specifications received from UX designers
- Utilize the Amazon AWS cloud platform
- Build and present Technology Design Documents to Engineering leadership for approval
- Write unit tests and add documentation, logging and monitoring
- Collaborate with leadership – Sales, Marketing, Product, and Customer Success – to translate market feedback into our go-to-market approach and product roadmap
- Be proactive in communicating cross-functionally with the whole company, especially with our Product and Engineering team
What are the minimum requirements we are looking for from a Senior Software Engineer?
- Either 5+ years of experience as Software Engineer
- Experience with Amazon AWS, Git
- Experience with RDBMS
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience adding unit tests, monitoring, logging and documentation to your code
- Authentication flows and connecting 3rd party APIs
- Experience with the full software development cycle
- Advanced knowledge of building APIs and reusable components
What are the “nice to have” skills we are looking for from a Senior Software Engineer?
- Experience working with Scala, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform or ElasticSearch
- Experience working with sprints and completing work using a ticket management system
What does DemandJump look for when hiring a Senior Software Engineer?
We look for people who are willing and hungry to learn our tech stack and all about DemandJump and ultimately understand WHY a prospect/customer would want to work with us. Are you able to contribute new features given a certain set of product requirements? Do you want to collaborate with your peers and also utilize current best practices and technology to improve your career as a software engineer?