Software Support Level I
Location: Indianapolis, IN
What Does DemandJump Solve?
DemandJump is a marketing strategy platform showing users the exact content to create to increase 1st-page rankings and drive outcomes.
Located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, DemandJump is a fast-growing, innovative marketing technology company with a corporate culture that values individuality and diversity.
We work hard and play hard and we do both with passion and respect for one another. Our open-concept office promotes a fast-paced, fun, friendly, and highly collaborative work environment, while our management goes out of their way to be transparent and approachable. Weekly team lunches, DemandFUN events, and group volunteer opportunities – these are just a handful of the reasons why DemandJump is consistently nominated and awarded one of the Best Places to Work in Indiana.
What We Stand For
Think Customer First
Serve Each other
Compete To Win
See Things Differently
Do the Right Thing. Always
We are looking for a Software Support team member to help us build the most useful content marketing insights and attribution software on the market. Your primary focus will be building and delivering multi-tiered, enterprise-level software infrastructure for DemandJump while maintaining security and privacy compliance.
What is a typical day at DemandJump like for a Software Support Level I, a.k.a. Responsibilities?
- Implementing, maintaining, monitoring the software support infrastructure
- Responding to customer emails and live chat requests
- Jumping into a quick screen share meeting with a customer so they can walk through an issue they are experiencing
- Collecting customer data and creating support tickets to follow up with specific requests
- Determining support level required to help customers solve their reported issues
- Designing and executing procedures for troubleshooting customer issues
- Working with the Customer Success, Sales and Marketing teams to resolve any customer-reported issues
- Working with the Engineering team to escalate any issues that require engineering support
- Solving reported software issues that do not require any additional support from other team members
- Solving common problems such as user access, password reset, access to menu navigation and granting permissions
- Investigating customer requests to determine severity and level of support required to resolve
- Identifying when a previously reported issue becomes more urgent as time passes or severity increases
- Be proactive in communicating cross-functionally with the whole company, especially with our Customer Success, Product and Engineering teams
What are the minimum requirements we are looking for from a Software Support Level I?
- Experience working with a support ticketing system
- Experience chatting with customers about their reported issues
- Ability to reach back out to customers after an issue has been reported
- Understanding and empathizing with customers identifying issues they are currently experiencing
- Experience troubleshooting software based on reports from customers or team members
- Experience ensuring customers feel heard and understood
- Strong sense of the need to carry support requests through to completion
- Strong grasp of providing excellent customer service
- Ability to understand what is at stake for any particular customer and their related outreach
- Experience providing support to customers via in-person, phone or video
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Experience adding logging and documenting troubleshooting steps
- Identifying opportunities to create documentation around repeated report requests
- Experience communicating to customers that their reported issue has been resolved
What are the “nice to have” skills we are looking for from a Software Support Level I?
- Experience as a support team member of a SaaS or PLG software product
- Experience using Zendesk customer service tools to handle customer reports and feature requests
- Experience using JIRA or similar industry tools to create and follow up on bug reports
- Experience working with engineering teams to escalate and provide more details on reported issues
- Experience documenting software interactions or steps to help streamline software support
- Experience reporting to internal customers that a particular report has been resolved
What does DemandJump look for when hiring a Software Support Level I?
We look for people who are willing and hungry to learn our tech stack and all about DemandJump and ultimately understand WHY a prospect/customer would want to work with us. Are you able to contribute new features given a certain set of product requirements? Do you want to collaborate with your peers and also utilize current best practices and technology to improve your career as software support?