Homepage Content Sample
September 20, 2022 •Bret Sexton
There is no debating how much content is on the internet vying for people’s attention. Getting someone to your website is only part of the battle. You also have to get them to take action once they're there. How important is that first page visitors come across? Once someone gets to the homepage, it has been reported that 86% of those individuals want to see information about your product or services. If those users do not get what they are looking for, they will go elsewhere to find it. Simply put, if you have a lackluster homepage, you could be losing out on 86% of your potential business.
What Is a Homepage?
A home page is a default or front page of a website. It is the first page that visitors see when they load your main URL. You know what a homepage is. We don’t need to go on forever about what it is. The more important discussion is around the purpose of a homepage. Your homepage is an opportunity to clearly and succinctly define what exactly you do while piquing interest. Not everyone browsing the internet will land on your homepage the first time they visit your site, but it needs to provide value nonetheless. If you have recently launched a new product or service, your homepage would be a great place to display that new information. That way, even if they get to your site through a blog post searching for a solution, they can come to the homepage and find an easy way to purchase your product or service.
What Makes Good Homepage Content?
When deciding what to put on a website homepage, the content you end up going with has to be high-value. So, what does high-value content look like? One method we recommend is the Pillar Page as part of a larger SEO pillar strategy. This strategy is a documented hierarchy of planned content to be produced, published, and interlinked on your domain in order to achieve increased search engine rankings. This will enable your homepage to generate more value for your business by generating organic traffic to the website.
So what is a Pillar Page exactly? A Pillar Page is roughly a 3,000-word piece of content that can be put anywhere on your website, but will generate the most value as your main navigation page for visitors. As much value as a Pillar Page and strategy could bring to your online presence, there are still other ways that your company can revitalize your website homepage.
What Are Homepage Content Examples?
Your homepage is the perfect place to combine informative content with a personalized design that represents your brand. Let’s take a look at a few examples you can implement today.
- The Headline Homepage: Grabbing the attention of the visitor in order to keep them on your site is paramount. Position a headline at the top of the page that will speak to your target audience. For example, if your company sells customer relationship management (CRM) software, your headline could read: “Manage Your Customers Like Never Before.” Another good strategy for your headline is to address a pain point for your target audience. This will reassure them they are in the right place for their needs.
- Product or Service Front & Center: People search for things because they want something, whether that be information, a product, or a service. A simple yet effective strategy is to put what your company offers as the first thing any visitor will see when they visit your site.
- Case Study/Data: Every company claims to offer a solution to a potential customer’s problem. One way to stand out from the competition is to present undeniable facts on your homepage about your successes. Have you, on average, saved your customers $10,000 a year on technology issues? Wear that achievement like a badge of honor and let everyone know. You can then feature a case study below the data that showcases how you achieved this with one of your clients.
These website homepage content ideas will benefit from your understanding of your target audience and will always yield better results regardless of how you wish to structure your homepage. Luckily, DemandJump can bring your company valuable consumer insights that will show you precisely what you need to put out to generate organic traffic to your website.
Craft The Perfect, Competitive Website With DemandJump
Your digital marketing efforts start with the quality of your website, and the face of your site is the homepage. Your homepage needs to grab a user's attention and lead them down a path to becoming a customer. Our team at DemandJump is passionate about helping organizations create content and pages that rank high on search engines for their target audiences.
Try our platform for free today to not only transform your homepage’s potential but to empower all your content marketing efforts.
- Attribution Tracking (13)
- Channel Optimization (11)
- Consumer Insights (68)
- Content Marketing (246)
- Data Science (8)
- Digital Marketing (6)
- Digital Transformation (26)
- Enterprise (10)
- Lead Generation (14)
- Market Intelligence (8)
- Marketing Analytics (39)
- Marketing Attribution (57)
- Marketing Management (153)
- Marketing Operations (86)
- Organic Search (218)
- Paid Search (52)
- Pillar-Based Marketing (43)
- Programmatic Advertising (9)
- SaaS Content (2)
- SaaS Marketing (29)
- Search Marketing (111)
- SEO Keyword Research (12)
- SEO Pillar (17)
- SEO Strategy (20)
- SMB (5)
- Website Content (12)