What Is SaaS Content?
January 17, 2023 •DJ Team
For Software as a Service (SaaS) companies, marketing is truly a make-or-break effort. With more than 17,000 SaaS companies in the United States alone, as reported by Statista, there’s a ton of competition—no matter what industry you operate in. And, that’s not to mention all the new SaaS start-ups that are being developed each year or the fact that subscription models mean you’re constantly competing with your competitors. In short, it’s rough out there.
That’s where marketing comes into play. With killer SaaS content—and an actionable SaaS content strategy—you can stand out amongst the crowd and get the attention of potential customers. How does it all work? Keep reading to find out more about the various kinds of SaaS content.
What Is SaaS Content?
At a high level, SaaS content simply refers to the different types of content—written, visual, or audio—that are developed for the purposes of marketing SaaS products. A SaaS marketing strategy, then, is used to help you keep all of your content marketing efforts organized while also ensuring that they’re tied to appropriate marketing objectives and sales goals.
Why is content important in SaaS? The right SaaS content captures your target audience’s attention at every step of the buyer's journey. Are you looking to bring in new prospects at the top of the funnel? “Ultimate” guides, blog posts, or even webinars that answer their questions are sure to hook their interest. Are you finding that you need more content to help deals at the bottom of the funnel? Case studies and use cases are a great way to show the kind of return on investment (ROI) prospects can expect from your platform. In other words, it comes down to this: when it’s done well, SaaS content can empower teams to increase conversions and boost revenue.
SaaS Content Writing Examples
Now, we know that all of that is easier said than done. Figuring out the kinds of content to develop (plus all the research, writing, and editing that goes into it) takes time. That’s why we’ve pulled together nine of the best content ideas for SaaS companies. Whether you’re a start-up or an enterprise-level organization, this list can offer ideas to help you develop or refine your strategy.
- Blog posts: Most SaaS companies these days have a blog—a place where you can answer your target audiences’ most burning questions. Pairing your blog with a search engine optimization (SEO) strategy can take it to new heights. Pillar Based Marketing (PBM), for example, is a strategy for creating and linking similar topics together to drive more authority and more organic traffic to your site. At DemandJump, our platform not only helps you develop a PBM strategy, it also provides SaaS blog topics and keywords to give your writers a jump start.
- Case Studies: If you’re looking for a great way to brag about what your platform can help people achieve, look no further than case studies. By showing off what your SaaS product helped a customer accomplish, you can directly discuss ROI while also illustrating who your customers are and what industries they work in.
- Ebooks and Whitepapers: Ebooks and whitepapers are often used as gated content, or content that you “hide” behind a contact form. They’re a win-win. Prospects get the information they’re looking for and your team can collect their contact information.
- Infographics: It probably won’t come as a surprise that most humans are visual creatures. Catchy graphics catch our eye and stop us from scrolling. Infographics are a great way to combine design elements with content like facts and statistics.
- Newsletters: Looking to engage or reengage current customers? If you’re not already using newsletters, now might be the time to start. Use them to share tips and tricks to using your platform, any updates or new features that you’re planning, or any upcoming events open to customers.
- Podcasts: Whatever solution your SaaS platform offers, it does it well. Podcasts are an excellent opportunity to show off your company’s expertise. It’s also a good place to invite some of your loyal customers to join and share how and why they’re using your solution. Just remember, podcasts aren’t sales calls, so be sure you’re sharing valuable, informational content.
- Social Media Posts: According to Statista, over four billion people are using social media worldwide as of 2021. In other words, it’s likely that your target audience is on at least one platform. Posting on social media—whether it’s organically or through paid ads—is a great way to connect with them. Before you get started, be sure to understand where your audience is. If you’re doing B2B SaaS content marketing, for example, LinkedIn is a great place to start.
- Videos: Marketing a SaaS product is difficult, in part, because it’s an intangible product. Creating demo and how-to videos is a perfect way to show your audience exactly what your platform is all about.
- Webinars: Webinars can help you reach new potential audiences or even teach current customers more about your platform. Because they’re a many-to-one format, you can reach a great deal of people with just one or two hosts. If you’re live-hosting a webinar, be sure to save time for a Q&A session to encourage engagement.
DemandJump: SaaS Content Writing Made Easy
DemandJump was created for marketers, by marketers, because we understand just how challenging and important marketing really is. With tools for SEO keyword research, content planning, competitor analysis, and more, DemandJump can truly supercharge your content marketing efforts.
Ready to experience it for yourself? Create a free account by clicking the button below!
- Attribution Tracking (13)
- Channel Optimization (11)
- Consumer Insights (68)
- Content Marketing (246)
- Data Science (8)
- Digital Marketing (6)
- Digital Transformation (26)
- Enterprise (10)
- Lead Generation (14)
- Market Intelligence (8)
- Marketing Analytics (39)
- Marketing Attribution (57)
- Marketing Management (153)
- Marketing Operations (86)
- Organic Search (218)
- Paid Search (52)
- Pillar-Based Marketing (43)
- Programmatic Advertising (9)
- SaaS Content (2)
- SaaS Marketing (29)
- Search Marketing (111)
- SEO Keyword Research (12)
- SEO Pillar (17)
- SEO Strategy (20)
- SMB (5)
- Website Content (12)